Mold occurs in more places than you would think...
Here are some interesting facts about mold: Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal,” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Common Health problems caused by Mold!
- Chronic Sinus Problems
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonia
- Mold-Induced Asthma
- Skin Infections
- Neurological Problems
We here at SERVPRO of Chillicothe/Cameron/Richmond, want to take away your worries. If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property using our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to re-mediate your mold.
Don't wait! Call SERVPRO of Chillicothe/Cameron/Richmond today at 660-240-5105.